Ummmmm, this is probably one of the best things I’ve ever made. Not that I’ve cooked much at all in my 22 years of living, but Cody could not stop talking about how much he loved his dinner. And if you’re a ‘gag when you see raw meat’ kind of person like me, then this is the perfect recipe for you.
This recipe is on Pinterest, but I make mine pretty different because of how I make the rice. Most recipes just use white rice, but I am going to show you a new way to make the rice and you will literally be obsessed. I could eat this rice for every meal. And it also gives this recipe 10 times more flavor.
For the crock pot:
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 oz can cheddar soup
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bag of broccoli (I used the target brand)
- 2 cups of Uncle Ben’s white rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 tbsp margarin butter
- 2 tbsp Chicken Bouillon (Target, Ralphs, etc.)
- Turn crock pot on low heat as you put in the cream of chicken, cheddar soup, chicken broth, salt, and garlic salt.
- Place the chicken in
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours with lid on
- Once chicken is cooked, shred the chicken with two forks
- Add in the sour cream and broccoli and cook for another 20ish minutes
- (I put the bag of broccoli in the microwave for about 4 minutes as directed on the bag before putting in the crock pot.)
- Begin when you have about 25 minutes left of the crock pot
- As I said above, make sure you cook this in a medium skillet with a lid
- Put in all of the ingredients, but DO NOT MIX OR STIR ANYTHING! Yes, you are going to leave the margarin butter in the blob and everything. Trust me, this is the key. My aunt has made this for years and says you will ruin it if you stir.
- Put the lid on and if your stove has numbers, cook in between 5 and 6, or on medium for about 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, make sure all of the water is absorbed. Then taste it to check if it is still hard. If it is, add a tad bit more of water, and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- I cooked mine for about 20