So I’m not much of a cook… like, at all, but I kind of have to be now that I live on my own. I mean we all have to learn sometime, right? Unless I end up making enough money to hire a chef to cook for me on the daily. Now THAT would be fantastic, but back to the real world:
Tonight I made lemon garlic chicken. This was my second time making it, and it’s seriously so easy! (and I don’t think cooking is easy.) Now, I can’t tell you enough how much i HATE having to look at/touch uncooked meat, but I finally decided to suck it up, no matter how much it makes me gag, because Cody really loves his meat when he comes over. But with a good set of prongs, you won’t have to do much touching! haha. The picture doesn’t really do it justice, because I kind of messed up the ‘pretty’ look when I was taking it out of the oven. lol.
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 1/4 cup italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (any brand of oil is fine)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- (In the morning) Put lemon juice and oil into a zip-lock bag, then add in the chicken. The longer it marinates, the more you will taste the lemon. (Keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to start dinner.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Put bread crumbs, garlic salt, and lemon pepper into zip-lock bag. Now put the marinated chicken (do this one at a time) into this bag and shake it until it is covered with the seasoning.
- Spray the bottom of your single layer baking pan with PAM
- Place the chicken into the pan, and now pray the tops of the chicken with PAM (This will make the top of it crispier.