Since the day I moved into my apartment, I had been wanting a desk area, but couldn’t find a place for one. Then last week, when my parents came, my mom said how much she hated this blank wall in between my room and bathroom. Mainly because there was an ugly gray square that you could open if maintenance needed to mess with any switches. We talked about what we could do to cover it up, and that’s when we decided – a desk area with the scattered pictures on the wall!
(If you look closely, you will see the gray box peaking out on the left side of the picture of the outlined girl in black and white.)
The DIY Part:
– The ‘&’ sign was only $3 at Michael’s, and was originally just plain wood, but I spray painted it gold, and voila!
– I went on Google to find a picture of the state of California, printed it out, traced it onto gold/glittery paper, which I also found at Michael’s , and carefully cut it out.
Almost all of the photos found on my wall were printed off of the internet. I just went on Pinterest, and typed in certain things I was looking for, and that’s where I found everything! As you can see, I used quite a few watercolor looking photos, so that’s exactly what I typed in. You can go to my Watercolor Pinterest folder for more pictures.
Here is a close up + the links of some of the ones I used-
– The two quotes I used that are under the ‘&’ sign are:
1. “It’s not who you are that holds you back. It’s who you think you’re not.”
2. “Remember why you started”