Often times, when you visit blogs, you will see a section which contains a small photo that best describes other peoples blogs. So let’s say you wanted to showcase my button because you like my blog… you can easily copy the code from the box underneath it and insert it into your blog. The picture will appear, but not the box code. Now if someone is on your page, they will see my grab button, and if they click on it, it will direct them to my page. This is a great way to advertise your blog. Currently, I pay $10 to have my button featured on the side of Nadine’s blog, (Back East Blonde) because she has a large amount of followers, which means more traffic to my page. Some people charge, and some people do it for free. It really just depends how big of a following they have. The bigger the following, the more likely they will charge because it will actually benefit you.
There are different sizes you can make your grab button, but I like making mine 300 X 100. (The larger your button, the more you will pay someone to advertise it. You can easily make your button in either Photoshop or PicMonkey. Once you have made it, upload it to Photobucket.
- Now to get the code: go to http://www.mycoolrealm.com/sandbox/gbgen/ and follow these simple steps:If you like the size of the box I have for my code, then set the height to 50 and the width to 200 (shown below)
- Now you just click “Preview” and “Get Code!”
- Your preview should show the actual grab button AND the code box.
- Go to the Layout section of Blogger
- Click “Add a Gadget”
- Once it is placed into your template, click edit, and now paste the code!
- The obviously click save