I’ve already done one set of 15 tips, not too long ago, but I swear, everyday, I think of something I should have added on there. So I just decided to do another set of tips for you guys.
1. Do Not use Google + comments (I mentioned this in yesterday’s post, but I’ll say it here, too)
-Use the original Blogger comment format, because if you use the GP format, those who comment MUST have a GP account. So in reality, you’re just getting less comments because it’s restricting certain people. Trust me. I just switched just one day ago, and I got more comments on yesterday’s post than I ever have JUST because I wasn’t using the GP comments anymore.
– If you don’t know how to turn GP comments to OFF, go to your dashboard, and under “pages” you’ll see “Google +.” You’ll then see the option to uncheck the box that says “Use Google + comments on this blog.”
– WARNING: If you switch, you will lose all comments on your blog from when you used Google + comments. I didn’t want to lose them either, but the switch has been worth it. You can always switch back though, and the old comments will return if you don’t end up liking the Blogger comments.
2. Follow through Google Friend Connect, NOT Google + Circles
– This is just a personal point of view. But if you’re a fashion blogger, or trying to join an affiliate program in the near future, most of them ask how many followers you have on Google Friend Connect, NOT Google +. So the number of followers in your Google plus circles is pointless for many people. (Update: I don’t have GFC anymore because I switched to WordPress, but I still agree with this tip.)
3. Be willing to LEARN.
– This is one of the main things I’ve really enjoyed about blogging. Learning how to do everything. It may get annoying to look up tutorials, or search for hours about something you can’t figure out, but how else are you going to figure it out?
– When I first had my blog designed, there were a few things I didn’t like, but I didn’t want to pay to get it redesigned. So little by little, I learned how to change simple things. And along the way, I ended up designing my entire blog, and began offering blog design.
4. If you post outfit posts, sign up on Chictopia
– Basically another way to promote your blog to bring in more traffic.
5. Disable the mobile version of your blog
– This doesn’t mean people can’t view your blog on their phone, this just means, that if people click the link to your blog on their phone, they will be able to see what your blog actually looks like on a computer. The mobile version is ugly.
– Go to “Template” and after clicking the screw looking button under it, check this box: