First off, I am an iPhone freak. Actually, more so an Apple Product freak. I am one of those people who HAS to get the new iPhone that comes out every September, and the release of the new IOS software each year is pretty much the most exciting day of the year. But aside from that, I’ve been asked a few times about the iPhone photo editing apps I use for filtering my pictures on instagram, so I decided to dedicate an entire post to it rather than just putting it in my FAQ section. I haven’t used the actual instagram filters in God knows how long. I’m a sucker for pretty looking photos, so if a good photo app costs a dollar or two, I’ll probably end up buying it.
1. VSCO (Free)
– I just started using VSCO, and from what it seems like, it’s a pretty popular one that a lot of other people use, too. I even used it to spice up the colors in this outfit post!
2. PicTapGo ($1.99 – worth it)
– This has been my go-to one for a while now, because there are SO many options, and you can put filters over filters to create new colors/shades. You can also save each recipe you make along the way incase you ever want to use it again, and don’t have to remember how you did it off the top of your head. I used this app to achieve a better blush pink feel in this outfit post. (P.S. I finally found my white Birkenstocks!)
3. Afterlight ($0.99)
– This one is currently number 1 on the Top Charts list in the App store, which, to be honest, I don’t agree with. I do like the app, but the first two I mentioned are way better. The filters in this app will give you more vintage looking photos.
– This typical food picture is from when Cody and I stayed at The London Hotel for his Birthday, and where we shot one of my outfit posts!
4. Snapseed (Free)
– This app is great for sharpening & fixing the lighting. It’s perfect for when you have a dark photo and you need to lighten it up without ruining the quality of it. The sharpening just defines all the little details a lot more, which is what I was going for in these two beach photos.
– For Cody’s birthday last year, we stayed in Malibu, and that’s where these were taken.
– I know of so many people who use PicStitch, but I was never a fan. I started off with PicFrame, and at the time it was free, but I think it’s only about 99 cents now. Anyway, if you follow me on instagram, this is the app I use to put two photos side by side for my OOTD’s, and it’s the app I used to put the photos together that I have above. This app also let’s you add a video to a photo collage, which PicStitch doesn’t allow.
And there you have it!