I am asked all the time what foundation I wear, not only from readers, but from people I walk past on the street as well. This has been happening constantly (the street part,) ever since I started using NARS Luminous Foundation. I’ve written about my love for NARS on my blog before, but I have updated my makeup products since then, so today’s post shows what I use on a daily basis to achieve my makeup look.
- Chanel Primer: I use this to brighten my face, and also to tone my foundation color down a shade. I bought my foundation when I was tan, so now that I’m super white again, it’s a little too dark, but I’m definitely not going to go spend like 50 bucks just for a lighter foundation in the mean time lol. So if you have a foundation that is a little darker than you’d like, or you just want a brighter look, Chanel’s Primer is AMAZING and worth every penny. Before I used it as a base to lighten my foundation, I used it for my under eyes AND to lighten the upper lip area (any of you have that issue?!)
- Next, I apply my NARS Luminous Foundation with my Beauty Blender. The people at Sephora tell you to apply this with your bare hands, but no thank you. I hate having makeup all over my hands, PLUS, they don’t proclaim the foundation to be a 16 hour wear for nothing… That shit stays. lol. So if you use your hands, you will need soap, water, and a good towel to wipe it off. Aka, Beauty Blender it is.
- I use the Givenchy Concealer as my highlighter for the bridge of my nose and under eyes. I love this stuff. I used to use one from Target that I used to love as well, but it doesn’t even compare to my Givenchy one. (Sephora workers always recommend the YSL concealer. I listened to them, HATED IT, and took it back.)
- As I wait for my foundation and concealer to set in a little more (before I put blush on,) I shape my eyebrows with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Color: Taupe.)
- Next, I use NARS Blush in “Sin,” which is like a berry color, since I’m not a huge fan of super bright pink blush’s, and then I use the NARS Highlighting Powder in “Albatross,” which I use my small e.l.f. brush for on the bridge of my nose and above my cheek bones… like right above the blush. (I only use my Bronzer when the rest of my body is tan, since I don’t tan my face, so I’m currently not using it.)
- My new favorite liquid eyeliner is Eye Studio Master Precise by Maybelline. I first outline my eyelid (pretty thick,) then I put my mascara on, using “Better Than Sex,” by Too Faced… THEN I do my wings with my eyeliner. I don’t know why, but I always create a better wing after I put mascara on. lol.
SHOP THE LOOK: