"How Do You Edit Your Photos?" ... "What Do You Use To Edit Your Photos?" ... "What App Do You Use To Edit our Photos?" ... These are all questions I get asked through either email or instagram DM on a daily basis. I respond every time, however, I feel like my response doesn't even help, because although I use Lightroom, I have very specific filters (known as presets on lightroom) I use to edit my photos. And then I will occasionally do a quick filter on the "Darkroom" app on my phone AFTER I finish editing on Lightroom, but I never JUST use an app. Lightroom is the holy grail and it is what most bloggers use to edit. As I've mentioned many times, almost all of my instagram photos are taken on my iPhone, which all photos you will see below were all from my iPhone as well.
So here is what you've all been waiting for, you can now purchase the filters I use! Now, in order to be able to use them, you MUST have Lightroom. These will not work any other way.
Click the link below to purchase!
So each preset/filter above, are all ones I consistently use for instagram. Of course it's not going to instantly make your photo perfect, because depending on lighting, you may need to make some adjustments in Exposure & Shadows, or maybe tone down a color or two, which I have to do every time, regardless, because lighting is never exactly the same. But that literally takes a total of 5 seconds, so it's super easy, especially if you've been using Lightroom for a while and know how to use it.
- As you can see, the "Mirror Selfie" is not only used for my mirror selfies on instagram, but I also used it for the Christmas tree photo. I find that it's a good one to use when inside and when light is basically going against the object... meaning, there is not very good lighting, and the light is basically opposite of where I want it.
- "SoCal Love" is my favorite to use for beach photos, sunset photos, or fun, random ones I take directly in the sun. (95% of my photos are taken in the shade.)
- I'm not the biggest fan of yellow tones, so when there is a lot of it, I like to use "BFF."
- "Home Sweet Home" is a newer one I've started to use, and I named it Home Sweet Home, because I've been loving it for home decor photos. Mainly in the living room. For this one, it does have "Vignetting," around the border, so I actually do turn that all the way down most of the time, but I liked it for the photo I used as my sample, and wanted you guys to have the option of it, but it can always be turned off under "effects" on your right hand sidebar towards the bottom.
- "Warmth" is exactly what it sounds like. It adds more warmth to your photo.
- "Pink Vibes" is a fun one. I like using it for outside selfie photos like my sample. The lighting there was outside at my bridal shower, which was at a restaurant with an awning over us, so it was like a partial outside/inside type of lighting.
- "Pastel" can be a little tricky with skin coloring. It was PERFECT for the photo sample I used, but when I use it for others, I play around with the "Luminance" for Orange, which can be found under "Colors" in your right hand sidebar.
And lastly! below on the left is the app "Darkroom" I do like to use occasionally, AFTER I finish editing on Lightroom, and that is a picture I did use it for on instagram. I typically use A100, and that's pretty much it.
On the right is my self made skin softening preset, and it's super simple to DIY. My presets available above all have a little bit of softening to them as well, but the actual skin softening needs to be done manually, so I added that in as a little tutorial here in case you were interested!