Welcome to my blog, Blondie in the City! However you stumbled upon me, I'm glad you're here. To give you a little background on myself - I'm 25, and I was born and raised in Southern California. I grew up in Orange County, and now live in Los Angeles. I moved here when I became a professional dancer. I've been a dancer for 20 years, and began doing it professionally in 2012. Since then, I have danced for Paula Abdul in her Breast Cancer Awareness music video, Demi Lovato's Neon Lights music video, the Just Dance 2014 Commercial, and some other exciting things. I am a huge believer in doing what you love, and doing whatever you have to do to make those dreams reality.
Aside from that, I did go to college, but not for dance. I graduated in 2013 from California State University, Fullerton, with a degree in Journalism. I've worked as a writer for a fashion magazine, interned for a radio station, have been a personal assistant, social media coordinator, graphic designer, and worked for a PR company. After my last job working in an office, I knew that working a corporate job was just not what I was meant to do. So fast forward to today, I run this blog and am also a jeweler! Yep, I help custom design engagement rings for those who come in wanting to propose and I absolutely LOVE IT. We also custom make pretty much any piece of jewelry you have in mind. (I take out of state orders if you're interested in designing something!) My mom has been a lover of jewelry and diamonds for as long as I can remember, and I was always getting jewelry from her as gifts ever since I was a little girl. I was always going into the jewelry store (the actual store I now work at,) with her whenever she wanted to design something new, so I swear, it has always been in my blood. You can see us on Yelp and Instagram!
My fiancé Cody is the man behind the camera in every single one of my photos. He's an engineer who plays photographer on the weekends. Cody and I met when we were 16/17 at Hume Lake for Church camp (lol,) began dating when we were 19/20, and got engaged when we were 24/25. (He's 6 months older, so age wise for all of the above, he was a different age than I was, so that's why I put the slashes.) You can read that whole "how we met" story, here.
1. You will never see my nails unpainted.
2. I'm half Mexican and speak fluent Spanish.
3. I'm a reality TV show junkie (I live for the Bachelor & Bachelorette)
4. I was suspended for 2 days in high school for being too talkative in class. (But never had detention.)
5. I bring a mini bottle of Tapatio or Cholula to Italian restaurants for my pasta.
6. When I was little, I wanted to be a magician when I grew up.
7. I have 3 small tattoos & one is partially removed (my mom hates them all.)
8. I once assisted Justin Timberlake's stylist and it was the worst experience ever.
9. The Fault In Our Stars movie makes me ugly cry like no other.
10. I've never been stung by a bee (knock on wood.)
11. I love watching documentaries on crime investigations.
12. I went to Liberia, West Africa when I was 19 to help at an orphanage for 10 days.
13.Toby from Pretty Little Liars asked to take a picture of my dog while I was eating outside at a cafe. lol.