I've been so excited to share this new little space with you guys! It used to be the area for my bar cart, but once Daniel got me this cute Crosley player, I was like "OMG, we need a record player area." And now here we are. I did hesitate a little, because I knew I'd be needing to change literally everything about the area. I needed all new prints on the wall, I wanted to introduce more gold rather than metallic, I wanted a warm look and feel, and so on. I left it alone for a few days, thinking it was unnecessary to change the whole space, but typical me just went for it because I couldn't get the vision out of my head and I had an itch to re-decorate. lol. My favorite part was figuring out what prints to go with. whenever I redecorate and need prints, you guys know Desenio is my go-to. ALWAYS. Now, before I go into why we went with these specific prints for the area, rather than more of a music vibe, let me give you some context:
Listening to oldies on vinyl brings out the natural nostalgia, making it feel like we have been transported back to that time. Ya know? It's SO different than when you're listening to oldies on a bluetooth speaker. One of our favorite songs is "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers, (which will be our wedding song, don't worry,) so Daniel found us an original copy of the album on Vinyl! Before we got our Crosley, we would play that song on a normal speaker and be cheesy and slow dance to it in my kitchen. It was a pretty regular occurrence while we were quarantined. So once this record player are became a thing, I kind of wanted the wall prints to tell more of a love story in a subtle way. If you don't follow on instagram, or haven't read about Daniel & I's history, I'll give you a cliff note version... We went to high school together, had classes together all 4 years, and we even went to Homecoming together our sophomore year. We graduated, went our separate ways, and didn't reconnect until TEN YEARS LATER. Then didn't go on a date until another year after that. So technically 11 years after high school, we found our way to each other. Which brings me to the "it was always you," print. That was the first one I picked out with the boy and girl figure after that, and built around the two. We are SO happy with the way it all turned out! It actually turned out better than the way I first pictured it in my head.
Now for the more exciting part of this post... a DISCOUNT CODE! Get 10% off on Desenio on top of their current 30% off sale going on until SUNDAY, August 2nd. Their 30% is already applied to their prices, and then at checkout, add code HAYLEYLARUE for the additional 10%, giving you a total of 40% off! Seriously you don't want to miss this... and if you want to see my previous prints I used from Desenio for my bar cart area.. here you go. (Code does not apply to frames or personalized prints.)
Prints: c/o Desenio | Record Player: Urban Outfitters | Cart: Amazon | Chair: All Modern | Pampas Grass: Luxe B | Rug: Amazon | Vases: Amazon | Flowers: Amazon | City Books: Etsy | Black Marble Clock: CB2 | Vinyl Rack: Amazon
*This post was sponsored by Desenio
wow these photos are so aesthetic ! literally my dream corner,
I love every simgle area in your house!
Review Belt For Man
You’re so good at decorating!
All About Gloves Review
I love the mat. It looks like a taco wrap.
The Wallet Review
This area looks so cute!
Cool Men Style
Oh this looks gorgeous! Well done girl x
Lisa | lisaautumn.com
Hey can you email me about were you got the record player???